Due April 4, 2014

*Entries are listed in order of most recent to oldest.
If you wish to read from the beginning you will need to scroll down toward the end (and possibly click on "older posts" to get back to the beginning)

Thursday, February 27, 2014

34w6d turned 34w

34w6d
34 weeks

I'll try to make this update short and sweet - plus it has pictures, so that's a bonus! ;)




We had an ultrasound today to check on growth. My last ultrasound was 1/27 when I was staying at Froedtert. My original due date was based off my cycle - which put us at 4/10 (instead of 4/4). Every ultrasound after that had shown the baby measuring a week ahead of that so somewhere down the road at one of the many different hospitals and doctors that I've seen someone changed it to 4/4.

Unfortunately - it wasn't changed in the system at my clinic and they (despite the measurements today) refuse to change it. According to their records - I am 34 weeks today (instead of 34 weeks 6 days). This matters because our last milestone is to make it to 35 weeks in order to deliver at the hospital that is 10 minutes from our home instead of Children's hospital which is 40 minutes away and not easy to get to currently.

Fingers crossed for March 6th or later.

The baby is growing quite well... she's now measuring at 6lb1oz which is the 89th percentile. She has some pretty adorable chubby cheeks (but we weren't able to capture in the photos).





The good news is that next week will be my last week of NSTs (non stress test). The contractions are showing up more and more often (both on and off the monitor).
For those unfamiliar with NSTs - The left number shows the baby's heart rate - the right shows contractions. The big hills are normal contractions - the little hills are "irritation" contractions.  
For the right side resting is at a 0 and my contractions lately have gone up to around 112. When I first started they would only reach around 80. 
On the left side they want to see the baby's heart rate fluctuate. Today it wasn't changing so she had to come in and buzz my belly with a little vibration to wake her up. 


Here is from last week when she got the hiccups during the NST.


(you hear the heart beat and then then "hiccup")


34 weeks was the major milestone for the baby to reach - her organs are all developed fully and she was doing an impressive job of "practice" breathing during the ultrasound today. Everything from here on out is considered bonus "grow time".

All is well :)
I feel a lot more prepared than I did a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment